Server Room Monitor
Remote Equipment Monitoring
The Falcon FMS is designed for remote equipment monitoring and environmental conditions for mission-critical facilities.
Ideal for monitoring server rooms and data center applications.
This solid-state unit can provide notification for people on-premise or remote from the facility.
All-solid-state hardware means no moving parts, so the unit does not require any scheduled maintenance.
If a network was to go down, this Facility Monitoring System can drive visual and audible alerts to people on-site.
For personnel working remotely, email notification and SNMP traps can be initiated for external notification.
Real-time Environmental Data
Data Center Monitoring Made Easy
The Falcon FMS is a rack-mount style unit able to monitor up to 104 inputs and uses one IP Address.
Relay outputs to trigger external alerts or control other devices when alerts are received.
Available in a 1U or 2U chassis depending on the number of wired inputs desired.
Option card EXP-A is designed for universal inputs with relay outputs.
If needing all digital inputs for equipment alarms, the EXP-C option card accepts Normally Open or Normally Closed dry contacts.
Open protocols for smart field equipment Integration, using Modbus, BACnet, or SNMP data.
Hosted web interface for viewing and system configuration.
Up to eight unique usernames and passwords.
Organize wired inputs to specific categories.
Ten URL links for web camera or other links.
Falcon FMS Web Interface
Falcon FMS Extended Trend Chart
View trending data up to 232 Analog Points.
Extended trending from one minute to every eight hours
View trend data using Java or Dry-graph
Text or CSV data for recorded analog points.
Notification For Alerts
The Falcon FMS has you covered to let you know when something is wrong. Set it, and forget it until needed.
By hosting its own web interface, you can access it via a desktop, tablet, or mobile device.
Email alerts to be sent to distribution emails or specific people needing to know when to react.
SNMP Traps for Network Management Systems notification.
Trigger local alerts to Audible and Visual devices, along with remote annunciator panels and security panels.
All the remote equipment data read into the Falcon FMS, can be sent back out for system integration to other platforms.
This allows facilities to use the system as a standalone unit when starting off.
When moving to a larger platform, shut off the notification from the FMS, and Integrate all the data points into an upstream system.
The Falcon FMS uses Modbus, BACnet, and SNMP open protocols. This allows integration into BAS/BMS, EPMS, and DCiM platforms.
This unit can be used for a wide array of applications. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more.
FMS Key Features
- Stand-alone, Web-enabled appliance hosts its own web pages
- Provides one integrated view of all facility equipment
- Use a web browser to configure the system and view data
- Stores and displays its own data – no additional servers or software required
- No recurring fees or setup fees
- No internal moving parts, like hard drives or fans
- No downtime, no lost data
- Third-party sensor friendly
- Highly scalable
- Accommodates digital, analog, Modbus, and SNMP inputs
- Provides Modbus, BACnet, and SNMP output
- Multiple notification paths – SNMP traps, email, SMS/PDA
- Support for SNMP V1, V2, and V3
- 1U FMS: available as 24VDC or 48VDC –
24VDC Model: Input 24VDC 1A, Output 24VDC 300mA, power supply included
48VDC Model: Input 36-72VDC 0.5A, Output 24VDC 300mA
- 2U FMS: available as 24VDC or 48VDC –
24VDC Model: Input 24VDC 3A, Output 24VDC 300mA, power supply included
48VDC Model: Input 36-72VDC 1.5A, Output 24VDC 300mA
- Analog/Digital: 8 Configurable as 4-20mA (12-bit A/D conversion) or Dry Contact NO/NC
- Internal Temperature/Humidity: ±0.5ºF (@ 25ºC), ±4ºF (@ -40º to 185ºF); ±3%RH (@ 20% to 80%RH); (Internal Temperature/Humidity optional)
- Keypad: Standard 3×4; 3000VAC RMS optically isolated; 20 User Access Codes (also accessible via phone/DTMF through modem)
- Relay: 2 Dry Contact, Form C, 1A @ 24VDC, 0.5A resistive @ 120VAC (controllable via user programmable logic)
- Sensor/Accessory Power: 24VDC (±10%) @ 300mA max. (power for external sensors and/or devices)
1U accommodates 1 expansion card; 2U accommodates up to 4 expansion cards
24V Falcon requires EXP-x-24 option cards; 48V Falcon requires EXP-x-48 option cards
- EXP-A-24/48: 12 analog inputs (jumper selectable for 4-20mA, 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC) or digital normally open dry contact inputs (normally open ONLY!; non-isolated, individual ground only); 8 Form C Relay Outputs, 1A @ 24VDC, 0.5A resistive @ 120VAC. 48V FMS can accept only 1 EXP-A-24/48 card.
- EXP-C-24 or EXP-C-48: 24 digital normally open or normally closed dry contact inputs, 3000VAC RMS optically isolated (common ground or individual ground)
- Ethernet: (RJ11 Telco; optional) 10/100BaseT, RJ45 connector; 500VAC RMS isolation
- RS-232: DB9 female connector; 9600 baud; 3000VAC RMS optically isolated; 15kV ESD protection
- EIA-485 (selectable as RS-232): Two-wire half duplex; terminal block (selecting RS-232 switches to DB9 male connector); 1200, 2400, or 9600 baud configurable; 3000VAC RMS optically isolated
- Modem: V.34bis/33.6 kbps; DTMF capable; PPP-enabled; FCC Part 68 approved; 1500VAC RMS isolation barrier; 2100V peak surge protection)
- TCP/IP; UDP/IP; ICMP/IP; FTP; NTP; HTTP/HTML; SNPP; Telnet: IPv4; 1.1/4.0; up to 10 URL links to other IP addressable cameras/devices; webpages comply with Rehabilitation Act of 1973, sections 504 and 508, US Dept. of Education (website accessibility for computer users with disabilities).
- SNMP: V1: MIB-2 compliant; NMS Manageable with Get, Set, and Traps; V2c: Traps or Informs: V3
- SMTP (email): Supports Client Authentication (plain and login); compatible with ESMTP Servers
- Modbus: RTU transmission protocol; function codes: Server – 03; Client – 01, 02, 03, 04
- Modbus/IP: Modbus Server; TCP/IP transmission protocol; Reads up to 628 registers and converts to SNMP and BACnet
- BACnet/IP: Reads up to 106 instances and converts to SNMP and Modbus
- Terminal Emulation: VT100 compatible
- TAP (Pager): Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol v1.8
- Pager (Modem) – Optional: 15 text, numeric, or alphanumeric pager numbers; each digital and analog alarm (HighLimit and LowLimit) can notify any 5 of the 15 pagers
- Email (Ethernet, Modem PPP): 8 email recipients; email sent on Alarm and Return To Normal; each alarm can notify any or all of the 8 email recipients
- SNMP Traps (Ethernet): V1 and V2c: 8 Community Strings; V3: 4 users, 4 Trap Destinations
- Escalation: Additional notification to 1 of the 15 pager numbers when the initial page results in a Failure To Acknowledge status
Health Check/Self-Monitoring: Self-resetting; captured in Event Log
- Real-Time Clock: Battery-backed; ±1.53 min/month accuracy
- Memory: 16MB RAM; 128K NVRAM; 16MB Flash
- Alarm Log: Last 256 Alarms
- Event Log: Last 100 Events (e.g., Acknowledgement By Code, System Boot, Page Successful, etc.)
- Web User Access Log: Last 100 HTML Accesses (User, Date, and Time)
- Digital Status Log: Last 100 Digital Status entries
- Trending of Analog Inputs: 244 entries per time frame, per channel. High, low, and average values are logged over specific minutes, hours, and days.
- Extended Trending (Analog Inputs): 3,840 entries over 32 inputs, physical or over Modbus. Logging at defined, user-selectable intervals.
- Web Browser Access (Ethernet, Modem PPP): 1 Administrator plus 7 users individually selectable for Read-Only, Read/Write, or Administrator
- Terminal Emulation Access (Modem): 1 Administrator (password for Modem access)
Front Panel Interface: 1 on/off power switch. Red and green LEDs indicate status, network link, network activity, and modem activity
- Operating temperature: 32° to 158°F (0° to 70°C).
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
- Storage temperature: -40º to 185ºF (-40º to 85ºC)
Dimensions and Weight
- 1U FMS: 16.8″W x 1.8″H x 7.9″D (427mmW x 46mmH x 201mmD); 6 lbs. (2.72kg)
- 2U FMS: 16.8″W x 3.5″H x 7.9″D (427mmW x 89mmH x 201mmD); 10 lbs. (4.54kg)
Mounting: Rack mount (brackets included) or wall mount (brackets available, sold separately)
Certifications: CE; ETL listed: conforms to UL 61010A-1, EN 61010; certified to CAN/CSA C22.2 NO. 1010.1; RoHS compliant